NIKE ROAD RUNNING SHOES
Nike makes road running shoes for every runner.
• Pegasus – Nike’s original running shoe offers lightweight and soft cushioning that you can trust day after day
• Pegasus Turbo – A more responsive version of Nike’s flagship Pegasus line is made to go fast without sacrificing comfort
• React Infinity Run – a soft and stable shoe designed to prevent injury and keep you chasing your goals
• Invincible – equipped with the same ZoomX foam featured in its racing shoes, the Invincible will bring a performance feel to your long runs
NIKE TRAIL RUNNING SHOES
Nike offers trail running shoes for every pace and terrain.
• Terra Kiger – This lightweight trail shoe will make your miles on the trail fly by. A sticky rubber outsole provides extra traction for downhills.
• Pegasus Trail – This version of Nike’s flagship Pegasus running shoe comes with extra tread for extra grip when you leave the road.
Just Do It
Nike started in 1964 under the name Blue Ribbon Sports with founder Phil Knight selling running shoes at high school track meets out of the back of his car. A few years later, Nike made its first running shoe adorned with their soon-to-be-patented Swoosh logo. As legend has it, the first Nike shoe was designed with the help of the University of Oregon’s track and field coach Bill Bowerman, who used a waffle iron to manufacture the sole of the shoe.
They’ve clearly come a long way from the days of making shoes with a waffle iron. Go to any sporting event in the world, and you’ll probably see athletes wearing Nike. Even as they’ve grown to the biggest athletic shoe company in the world, running has remained central to the brand as they sponsor many of the world’s top runners and continue to push the boundaries in shoe technology.