Altra Road Running Shoes
Altra has road running shoes for any distance or pace.
• Torin – Balanced cushioning in every way, everyday comfort with zero drop geometry in Altra’s do-it-all road running shoes.
• Paradigm – Stability of zero drop geometry with extra stability of guard rails make the perfect every day shoes for overpronators.
• VIA Olympus – Max cushion meets zero drop as a favorite from the ultra-trails hits the roads.
• Rivera – The perfect running shoes for those looking for the Altra experience but need their shoes to fit tighter and to feel lighter and more dynamic.
• AltraFWD Experience - Altra's first shoe with drop from heel-to-toe, this cushioned neutral running shoe is a great way to introduce yourself to the brand.
Altra Trail Running Shoes
• Lone Peak – Lone Peak is Altra’s original trail shoe. A perfect blend of responsive cushioning, grip on any surface, and balanced cushion for a natural stride.
• Olympus – Altra Olympus was the first shoe to combine maximum cushion with a natural stride and foot for going the distance.
• Mont Blanc – Named for the most famous mountain in trail running, Mont Blanc are the shoes you want for your biggest adventures.
Altra was born in a toaster oven.
Co-founder Golden Harper decided to take conventional running shoes and melt the glue holding them together in a toaster oven so he could reshape them before gluing them back together. He was astounded by the experience he created for himself when he put his refashioned shoes back on his feet. From there Golden and his high school running teammate Brian Beckstead modified more and more shoes until they decided that their design needed to turn into a brand, and Altra was born.