ASICS Road Running Shoes
ASICS offers road running shoes that will keep your foot cushioned, no matter the distance.
- Gel-Cumulus – This everyday trainer for runners with a neutral gait combines a soft landing with a responsive toe-off.
- Gel-Nimbus – Runners with a neutral gait love this shoe for its plush ride and bouncy toe-off. With a naturally wider fit, the NimbusA is a great option for people with wide feet.
- Novablast – Don’t be fooled by its lightweight package, the Novablast delivers tons of cushion while still feeling fast. It also doubles as a very capable racing shoe for runners who don’t want to shell out the money for multiple pairs of running shoes.
- GT-2000 – ASICS’ versatile stability shoe offers the right amount of support for over pronators and runners with high arches. Available in wide and extra wide widths, it’s a shoe runners\ with wide feet can rely on.
- Gel-Kayano – The combination of soft GEL cushion and reliable stability for over pronators has attracted a loyal following of runners who keep coming back year after year. A wide toe box and availability in extra-wide widths makes it a go-to for the runner with a wider forefoot.
ASICS Racing Shoes
ASICS makes racing shoes for every stride.
- Metaspeed Edge+ – A carbon-plated racing shoe designed for runners who increase their cadence to pick up the pace.
- Metaspeed Sky+ - A carbon-plated racing shoe designed for runners who increase their stride length to pick up the pace.
- MetaRacer - A carbon-plated shoe designed as a fast everyday trainer or racing shoe. Its super-breathable mesh upper is designed to keep your foot cool no matter how hot your pace.
- Magic Speed - Carbon fiber and TPU plates in the midsole help you transition through your stride and provide an extra boost at toe-off.
ASICS Trail Running Shoes
ASICS makes trail running shoes for whatever terrain the trail throws at you.
- GEL-Trabuco – A stability shoe for the trail runner seeking support for overpronation. The GEL-Trabuco offers excellent traction on slippery terrain and features a rock plate to protect the foot on even the most rugged trails.
- Fuji Lite – A lightweight trail shoe that can handle faster paces. It works well on both the road and trail.
- GEL-Venture – A trail shoe designed for shifting between trails and roads.
- GEL-Excite Trail – A go-to option f paths and loose dirt. A supportive fit offers additional protection if you find yourself on more technical terrain.
Founded in the aftermath of WWII as Onitsuka Co., Ltd. in Kobe, Japan, ASICS originally manufactured basketball shoes. In 1953, they released their first running shoe, and the rest, as they say, is history.
In the 1980s, ASICS debuted many of the technologies such as GEL cushioning and DUOMAX stability midsoles that still form the foundations of their shoes to this day, and in the 1990s models that
form the core of their line, such as the GEL-Kayano, GT-2000, GEL-Nimbus, and GEL-Cumulus, were born.