Women's Altra Rivera 3
Women's Altra Rivera 3
6.5 / Navy / B
1301 King Street
Alexandria VA 22314
3100 Clarendon Boulevard
Arlington VA 22201
Pacers 14th St
2104 14th Street Northwest
Washington DC 20009
1079 Wisconsin NW
Washington DC 20007
Pacers Navy Yard
300 Tingey Street Southeast
Washington DC 20003
Altra Rivera 3 running shoes bring a classic Altra experience with a few tweaks to spice up your everyday running and workout routines. The Rivera 3 has just the right amount of smooth, light, and responsive foam for everyday running to protect your feet from pounding while also feeling great as you pick up the pace or put your shoes to the test in the gym. The balanced cushioning ensures a natural foot strike while slim footshape hugs your feet more than other Altra shoes.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
Altra shoes have a well won following thanks to the unique experience that their designs bring the accommodating fit that their shoes have. That said, the wide forefoot in Altra’s popular shoes can feel sloppy for some customers, especially those who’s workout routine calls for more than just running. The Rivera 3 are the perfect running shoes for those looking for the Altra experience but need their shoes to fit tighter to and feel lighter to be a bit more dynamic than some of Altra’s other styles.
Altra Rivera 3 is a more of a true mid-cushion shoe than its predecessor, which was more similar to the lower-cushion Escalante. The shoe is slightly heavier due to added cushion, but that is where it should be. The shoe is also a little bit wider than its predecessor, so if you’re a repeat buyer then you may want to consider ordering a slimmer fit than your last pair.
Lastly, the Rivera 3 has additional cushion in the heel.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners of all abilities running looking for one shoe for a range of paces
- Walkers looking for more dynamic shoes
- Those looking to use shoes for a variety of different types of workouts
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
- Ego Foam – Lightweight foam with a great blend of softness and responsiveness
- Original FootShape – Highly accommodating forefoot that allows toes to move naturally throughout the gait cycle
- Balanced cushioning – also known as zero-drop, intended to improve alignment and running form
- Inner Flex – grooves in the midsole and outsole that provide flexibility, smooth ride, and dynamic responsiveness to a range of movements
- Slim Footshape Fit – allows room for natural movement of the toes while using a snugger fit through the rest of the shoe for more dynamic movement
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size
- HEEL: Locked in (Lots of cushion keeps your heel in place)
- MIDFOOT: Slim-Fit (A slimmer fit than most typical shoes, but wider than the previous model. Most runners should consider this true-to-size in its width, but Rivera 2 users might want to consider sizing down one-half or a full size)
- FOREFOOT: Moderate-Wide (Good room for toes to move, less than other Altra but more than many other brands)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: Altra Rivera 3 offer a decent amount of dynamic cushion. For more soft cushioning try Altra Torin 6 and for max cushion try Altra Via Olympus.
- PRONATION: Altra Rivera is not meant for those needing help with pronation. For extra support to help counteract pronation we suggest Altra Paradigm 6.
- SPEED: Altra Rivera 3 is great for picking up the pace but it’s not strictly a racer. For workouts or race day we suggest Altra Vanish Carbon or Vanish Tempo.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to Altra Rivera 3 are Brooks Launch 9, Saucony Kinvara 14, or Hoka Mach 5.
Weight: Women’s 8.2 oz.| Men’s 9.8 oz.
Offset: Women’s 0mm | Men’s 0mm