The On Cloudsurfer is one of the softest running shoes you can buy. On is not known for soft shoes, so this is a substantial change of pace for the brand. The lack of On’s typical SpeedBoard and a new shock absorption design make the Cloudsurfer anything but average. The soft bottom unit is complemented by a plush breathable engineered mesh upper, and the shoes are nice and light as well.
@EATPRAYRUNDC REVIEWS THE CLOUDSURFER:
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
On running shoes have been some of the most unique products in Pacers’ shops since we started carrying them. On’s new Cloudsurfer is no different.
There is no midsole quite like the one on the new Cloudsurfer — from any brand. And, without On’s typical SpeedBoard, the Cloudsurfer is also a significant departure from the company’s typical design, as it is soft without adding weight. Because of this, the new On Cloudsurfer makes running even easier on your feet and legs.
Pacers Running strives to sell shoes for every need and the Cloudsurfer is a must-carry for us.
This version of the On Cloudsurfer is totally new relative to On’s previous Cloudsurfer models.
With no SpeedBoard, these shoes are much softer than other On shoes so far. Adding to this softness is a new technology called ‘CloudTec Phase’. The CloudTec Phase technology is seen in the instantly noticeable holes in the midsole. These “Clouds” collapse in a domino-like sequence upon impact, absorbing energy and propelling you forward.
The result is that the new Cloudsurfer is not only the squishiest On shoe ever made, but also one of the softest shoes we’ve ever sold on the Pacers Running store.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners of all abilities running an easy pace
- Walkers of all abilities looking for comfortable shoes to wear for short walks
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
- CloudTec Phase – Super soft midsole design
- Helion Superfoam – Light resilient foam
- Engineered Mesh – Breathable padded upper
- Light Rubber Pads – Durable traction
- Sustainable materials and manufacturing – 30% recycled, made with lower water usage
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size
- HEEL: Locked in (cushioned heel and tongue locks foot into plush comfort)
- MIDFOOT: Moderate (standard size accommodates most feet)
- FOREFOOT: Moderate (most customers will have some wiggle room)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: On Cloudsurfer features a moderate amount of very soft cushion. If you are looking for more cushion but a firmer landing then we suggest the On Cloudmonster.
- PRONATION: On Cloudsurfer is not recommended for pronators. For some stability we suggest the On Cloudrunner.
- SPEED: On Cloudsurfer is light, so picking up the pace feels good initially, but is so soft that it’s not great for extended efforts at faster paces. For workouts we suggest the On Cloudflow.
- OTHER BRANDS: Similar Shoes from other brands include the Hoka Clifton 9, the Brooks Ghost 15, and the Saucony Kinvara 13.
Weight: Women’s 8.3 oz.| Men’s 9.1 oz.
Offset: Women’s 10mm | Men’s 10mm