The Fresh Foam X More v4 is New Balance’s entry into the rapidly-expanding category of maximally cushioned running shoes. This is a perfect running shoe for easy distances and longer runs due to its high level of cushion that keeps your feet and joints fresh with each passing mile. With a wider base for additional stability and a softer foam than previous versions, the New Balance Fresh Foam X More v4 has a case as the best shoe in its category.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
The New Balance Fresh Foam More has become one of the core shoes in the burgeoning max cushioning category. They bring an unmatched level of cushioning for anyone spending a lot of time on their feet, whether you’re a runner training for a marathon (or longer!) or a nurse working a 12-hour shift. The More offers more energy return than most other max-cushioned running shoes, so you can pick up the pace if you really want to.
The latest update to the More sees a transition to New Balance’s Fresh Foam X midsole. The result is a softer and bouncier ride. The new version of the shoe features a wider base for additional stability as well as a wider fit around the foot, which should be a welcome update for runners with wide feet.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
Runners of all abilities running long distances or easy paces
Walkers of all abilities
People who spend all day on their feet at work
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
- Fresh Foam X – 34mm of soft midsole foam provides maximum cushion.
- Engineered mesh upper – offers zoned support and breathability with a wide fit.
- Wide platform – A wider base offers additional stability.
- Rubber outsole – data-informed rubber placement provides durability in high-wear areas.
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size
- HEEL: Normal (stretchy laces and a padded tongue lock the heel in)
- MIDFOOT: Wide (accommodates runners with wide feet)
- FOREFOOT: Wide (most runners will have plenty of wiggle room)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: The New Balance Fresh Foam X More v4 has a very high level of soft cushion. For a less-cushioned, more responsive ride, we recommend the New Balance Fresh Foam X 1080 v12 or the New Balance Fresh Foam X 880 v13.
- PRONATION: The New Balance Fresh Foam X More v4 doesn’t offer any support for overpronators. For a more stable option, we recommend the New Balance Fresh Foam X Vongo v5.
- SPEED: The New Balance Fresh Foam X More v4 is too heavy and soft to really pick up the pace. For a faster shoe, we recommend the New Balance FuelCell SuperComp Trainer or the New Balance FuelCell SuperComp Elite v3.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from over brands similar to the New Balance Fresh Foam X More v4 are the Hoka Bondi 8, Altra Via Olympus, and Nike Invincible Run 3.
Weight: Women’s 8.4 oz | Men’s 10.5 oz
- Offset: Women’s 4 mm | Men’s 4 mm