The New Balance Fresh Foam X 860 v13 are great running shoes for a wide variety of runners looking for a supportive, stable shoe. The 860 v13 is cushioned enough for long runs and marathon training with enough responsiveness to pick up the pace for the occasional workout or tempo run. The engineered mesh upper and medial posting combine for plenty of stability for overpronation. These are shoes you can trust to hold up to whatever mileage you throw their way.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
Year after year the New Balance Fresh Foam X 860 has consistently been one of the best stability running shoes with plenty of support for overpronators and enough cushion for any amount of running you throw at it. Every year, the New Balance 860 has gotten a bit softer and the New Balance Fresh Foam X 860 v13 continues that trend with the softest Fresh Foam X midsole yet. This is the perfect shoe for runners looking for a supportive everyday running shoe, whether they’re training for their first race or their hundredth.
The New Balance Fresh Foam X 860 v13 features a rebuilt midsole for a softer and more cushioned ride. This is the softest version of Fresh Foam X ever, and you’ll notice that in the improved step-in feel. A reworked engineered mesh upper brings a more secure midfoot wrap for additional stability and a better fit.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
Runners of all abilities with moderate to severe overpronation
Walkers of all abilities
People who stand or walk a lot at work
- Athletes who mix running into their fitness routines
WHAT'S IN THESE SHOES:
- Fresh Foam X – midsole cushion with a soft and comfy step-in feel.
- Engineered mesh upper – provides structure and breathability.
- Rubber outsole – for increased durability and traction.
- Medial posting – offers extra stability to counteract overpronation.
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: Long (some customers may consider sizing down a half size)
- HEEL: Locked in (padded heel and tongue secure the foot)
- MIDFOOT: Snug (engineered mesh upper and gusseted tongue provide a supportive fit)
- FOREFOOT: Roomy (most customers will have some wiggle room)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SIZES
- CUSHION: The New Balance Fresh Foam X 860 v13 has a medium level of soft cushion. For a more cushioned stability shoe, we recommend the New Balance Fresh Foam X Vongo v5.
- PRONATION: The New Balance Fresh Foam X 860 v13 features a medial post to provide stability and support for overpronators. For a less supportive running shoe, we recommend the New Balance Fresh Foam X 880 v13.
- SPEED: The New Balance Fresh Foam X 860 v13 is too soft to really go fast. For workouts we suggest the New Balance FuelCell Rebel v3.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from over brands similar to the New Balance Fresh Foam X 860 v13 are the ASICS GT-2000 11, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22, and the Hoka Arahi 6.
Weight: Women’s 8.6 oz | Men’s 10.9 oz
- Offset: Women’s 10 mm | Men’s 10 mm