The Mizuno Wave Rider 26 continues the tradition of smooth running in Mizuno’s most popular running shoe models. These dependable shoes add momentum to your daily running with Mizuno’s unique wave plate and updated foam. The Wave Rider 26 is sure to please existing fans of the Wave Rider and newcomers alike with shoes that go the distance.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
Mizuno has been making “plated” shoes since long before the new craze in plated racers. and the Mizuno Wave Rider were the original shoes with Wave technology. Unlike other plates, Mizuno’s Wave technology dissipates impact rather than rebounding to propel the runner forward like the carbon plates modern racing shoes. The result of Mizuno’s plate is a comfortable shoe with an extremely smooth ride that’s a delight to take on runs day after day.
The Mizuno Wave Rider 26 features some small but impactful changes. There is more Enerzy foam under foot for added cushioning and stability and increased rubber in the outsole for increased ground contact. The new jacquard upper improves fit without sacrificing breathability. These shoes are a little heavier than the prior model, but most runners will hardly notice.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners looking for daily training shoes with a good balance between shock absorption and responsiveness
- Walkers who like a stiffer ride than most super soft walking shoes
- Athletes who combine running with other fitness like HIIT or pilates
MATERIALS AND DESIGN:
- Enerzy Foam – Mizuno’s foam that is tuned for balanced energy return.
- Wave Technology – TPU plate shaped with a wave absorbs shock. Made from natural materials.
- X10 Outsole Rubber – Super durable outsole.
- Jacquard mesh upper – fits great and is highly breathable.
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: true to size (For help with the perfect fit, schedule a fitting)
- HEEL: Locked in (redesigned tongue and heel add comfort and support)
- MIDFOOT: Snug yet flexible (hugs your foot but adapts as you move)
- FOREFOOT: Moderate-Narrow (Accommodates most feet with flex in the upper material and standard running shoe shape)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: Mizuno Wave Rider 26 has a good amount of responsive cushion. For shoes with more cushion we suggest Mizuno Wave Sky 6.
- PRONATION: Mizuno Wave Rider 26 provides some guidance for pronation thanks to the Wave Technology. If need more support, we suggest Mizuno Wave Inspire 18.
- SPEED: Mizuno Wave Rider 26 is fairly responsive for a daily trainer. But if you want shoes better suited to pick up the pace, we recommend Mizuno Wave Rebellion.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to Mizuno Wave Rider 26 are On Cloudgo, Brooks Ghost 14, or Saucony Ride 15.
Weight: Women’s 8.6 oz.| Men’s 10oz.
Offset: Women’s 12mm | Men’s 12mm