The Hoka Arahi 7 is lightweight stability for the modern era of running shoes. With lightweight cushion and a smooth and stable ride, the Arahi 7 is the perfect shoe to support your feet through long miles or many hours on your feet. The Arahi 7’s J-Frame support for overpronation cradles the heel and arch for stability you can feel, while a metarocker midsole geometry keeps your run feeling smooth. An updated upper offers better midfoot lockdown for an even more supportive ride. For stability you can feel and count on without the “blah” of a traditional stability running shoe, the Hoka Arahi 7 is the shoe for you.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
In an age of existential questions for the stability running shoe category, the Hoka Arahi 7 retains the supportive feel runners have grown to love in stability shoes while incorporating a light and smooth ride characteristic of modern running shoes. With plenty of cushioning and Hoka’s signature metarocker midsole geometry, the Arahi 7 is designed to carry you through heavy mileage with a supportive and stable feel. Stability shoes have earned a reputation over the years as clunky and, frankly, a bit boring. With a light, smooth, and supportive feel, the Hoka Arahi 7 is anything but.
Fans of the Hoka Arahi 6 are in luck: The Arahi 7 is basically a lighter version of the Arahi 6 that also fits better! Hoka has kept the J-Frame Technology that has provided stability in guidance in previous versions of the Arahi, so runners can count on a supportive ride. The upper is updated with a flat-knit engineered mesh and a dual gusseted tongue for better lockdown, a more supportive midfoot wrap, and reduced tongue migration.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners seeking a light and stable shoe for overpronation.
- Walkers and runners of all abilities who need a supportive shoe for everyday wear.
- People who stand on their feet all day for work.
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
- J-Frame Technology – supportive midsole construction offers guidance to runners who overpronate.
- Meta-rocker – rocker-shaped midsole geometry ensures a smooth ride.
- Flat-knit upper – zonal engineering improves midfoot lockdown for a locked-in fit.
- Dual gusset – provides a structured midfoot wrap while preventing tongue slippage.
- Durabrasion rubber – outsole rubber placed specifically to maximize traction and durability.
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size
- HEEL: Locked in (a plush tongue and padded heel collar deliver a soft lockdown)
- MIDFOOT: Structured (a zonally engineered upper and dual-gusseted tongue provide a supportive midfoot wrap)
- FOREFOOT: Moderate-to-narrow (runners with wider feet might feel constrained. This shoe is also available in wide widths.)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: The Hoka Arahi 7 has a moderate amount of soft and light cushion. For an even more cushioned ride, we recommend the Hoka Gaviota 5.
- PRONATION: The Hoka Arahi 7 uses J-Frame technology to provide stability for overpronators. For a more neutral shoe, we recommend the Hoka Clifton 9.
- SPEED: The Hoka Arahi 7 is a bit too soft to truly run fast. For faster runs, we recommend the Hoka Mach X, and for races, we recommend the Hoka Rocket X 2.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to the Hoka Arahi 7 are the Saucony Guide 17, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 23, and Altra Provision 8.
- Weight: Women’s 8.1 oz. | Men’s 9.9 oz.
- Offset: Women’s 5 mm | Men’s 5 mm