Experience lightweight cushion with the new Brooks Glycerin 21. Thanks to Brooks’ nitrogen-infused DNA LOFT v3 foam, the Glycerin 21 weighs less than the Ghost 15 while packing even more cushion!
Combined with an updated outsole, DNA LOFT v3 midsole cushioning smooth and effortless heel-to-toe transitions for a distraction-free run. The Glycerin 21 also features a new warp knit upper that flexibly hugs your foot for a plush and supportive fit.
You’ll feel like you’re floating with every stride with the Brooks Glycerin 21.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
As runners, we spend so much time beating up our legs with high mileage and tough workouts that we owe it to give them a little love from time to time. The Brooks Glycerin 21 gives them plenty of love.
Soft and lightweight DNA LOFT v3 midsole cushioning means that you’ll barely even notice your feet touching the ground. An increased rocker geometry and beveled heel add to the smooth transitions in this running shoe for an effortless ride.
You won’t totally forget they’re on your feet, but you’ll love the way they feel every time you run.
The Brooks Glycerin 21 takes what runners have long loved about the Glycerin and dials it up a notch.
First, the nitrogen-infused midsole cushioning feels improved. In the Glycerin GTS 21, Brooks’ DNA LOFT v3 feels light underfoot and noticeably softer than the foam of the same name in the Glycerin GTS 20.
And there’s more of it. It’s so light that Brooks was able to add 2 mm more cushioning the midsole without a noticeable increase in weight – in fact, the Glycerin 21 is lighter than the 20.
A more noticeable rocker shape also helps create a smoother ride.
Around the foot, a new warp knit upper mesh and an incredibly plush tongue create a more flexible fit while retaining the Glycerin’s trademark plush feel and secure lockdown.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners of all abilities looking for a neutral running shoe for easy paces or longer runs.
- Walkers of all abilities.
- People who spend all day on their feet for work.
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
DNA LOFT v3 – nitrogen infused foam provides light and soft cushioning
Warp knit upper – breathable knit upper that gives a soft and flexible fit
RoadTack – updated outsole rubber for increased durability
Smooth transitions – rocker outsole geometry and beveled heel make for an effortless ride
- Recycled materials – RoadTack outsole contains a mix of rubber and recycled silica
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size
HEEL: Locked in (plush padded tongue and stiff heel collar provide a secure fit)
MIDFOOT: Moderate (knit upper gives a supportive, yet flexible, fit)
- FOREFOOT: Moderate-to-wide (most runners will have plenty of wiggle room)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
CUSHION: The Brooks Glycerin 21 has a high level of soft cushioning. For a less cushioned and more responsive shoe, we recommend the Brooks Ghost 15.
PRONATION: The Brooks Glycerin 21 is a neutral running shoe with no features to specifically address overpronation. For a more supportive shoe for overpronators, we recommend the Brooks Glycerin GTS 21.
- SPEED: The Brooks Glycerin 21 is too soft and heavy to really pick up the pace in. For a faster shoe for tempo runs and workouts, we recommend the Brooks Hyperion or Brooks Hyperion Max.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to the Brooks Glycerin 21 are the On Cloudsurfer, New Balance Fresh Foam X 1080 v13, and Saucony Triumph 21.
Weight: Women’s 8.8 oz.| Men’s 9.8 oz.
- Offset: Women’s 10 mm | Men’s 10 mm