ASICS GT 2000 11 is a refreshing take on some of the most important running shoes of the past 20+ years. ASICS GT 2000 11 provides the support needed and expected from the GT 2000 line to help manage over-pronation while delivering a smooth and responsive experience that is in line with the best modern every day running shoes. Often, best-selling shoes have a hard time changing with the times, but ASICS GT 2000 11 takes one of the most popular running shoe franchises and uses modern materials and knowledge around running mechanics to make great shoes for mild over-pronators.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
ASICS GT 2000 is one of our go-to solutions for runners with mild overpronation and has been for a long time. As our knowledge of running mechanics and pronation evolves, we’re delighted to see the GT 2000 11 is a version of this shoe franchise that has evolved in line with that knowledge. The ASICS GT 2000 11 gives a smooth ride that subtly supports your foot and guides your foot to an optimal position as it rolls through the gait cycle. This version is super comfortable and surprisingly light and is ready for all different types of road running as a result.
ASICS GT 2000 11 is more responsive, smoother, and lighter than previous models. The light and responsive FF BLAST cushioning in the forefoot improves responsiveness in the forefoot while stable and smooth LITETRUSS construction surrounds the heel. The bottom unit combined with the mesh upper that hugs and adapts to your foot makes these shoes great for easy runs and somewhat faster runs alike. Some more severe over-pronators may find that the GT 2000 11 doesn’t address their needs in the way prior GT 2000 models have (if that’s you, we suggest Gel Kayano 29), but most mild to moderate over-pronators will find this version to be the best yet in a long line of great shoes.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners of all abilities running easy to medium paces that need additional stability
- Walkers of all abilities who want light stable shoes
- People who use their shoes for a variety of workouts and need some stability
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
- ASICS GEL cushioning – Cushioning that molds to your feet
- NEW FF BLAST foam – light and bouncy forefoot foam
- NEW LITETRUSS Construction – Stability that doesn’t
Engineered Knit Upper – Snug yet accommodating, made with 50% recycled material
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size
- HEEL: Locked in (Thick tongue and heel collar keep your foot in place)
- MIDFOOT: Snug (Standard size accommodates most feet, also comes in wide, some customers who normally wear standard may prefer wide)
FOREFOOT: Moderate-Narrow (Some customers may want more wiggle room, but it’s not too snug)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: ASICS GT 2000 11 has moderate cushion. If want more cushion, we suggest ASICS GEL-KAYANO 29.
- PRONATION: GT 2000 11 provides enough pronation control for most runners. If you need more, we suggest GEL-KAYANO 29 and for neutral runners we suggest GEL-CUMULUS 24.
- SPEED: GT 2000 11 feels great from easy running to moderate faster running and light workouts. For races and harder workouts, we recommend ASICS METASPEED SKY or ASICS NOVABLAST 3.
OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to ASICS GT 2000 11 are Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22, Saucony Guide 15, or New Balance Fresh Foam X 860v13.
Weight: Women’s 8.3 oz.| Men’s 9.7 oz.
Offset: Women’s 8mm | Men’s 8mm