The Hoka Mach X is a running shoe designed with performance at its core. This lightweight trainer takes what runners loved about the Hoka Mach 5 and turns the dial up on speed and cushion. The Mach X has plenty of cushion to get you through the longest runs of a marathon training cycle and enough responsiveness for tempo runs or even races. This is a shoe designed to bring out your best.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
Every runner dreams of a shoe that can do it all. We want a running shoe that feels fast enough for tempo workouts, yet cushioned enough for long, slow distance runs at the same time. For all those Captain Ahabs out there, the Hoka Mach X may well be the Moby Dick they’ve been chasing. With the Mach X, Hoka has brought the technology of a modern racing shoe to an everyday trainer with supercritical PEBA foam and a Pebax plate that combine for a soft, responsive, and fast ride.
The Hoka Mach has always been a lightweight everyday trainer designed to pick up the pace. While the idea of the Mach X is similar to that of previous versions, the execution is entirely different. Replacing the Mach 5’s dual layer of EVA midsole foams is a ProFlyX™ construction that features a combination of EVA and supercritical PEBA foams with a Pebax plate sandwiched in between. A new jacquard mesh upper and gusseted tongue bring a lightweight and secure fit that runners will love on easy and faster runs alike. Lastly, a Durabrasion rubber replaces the Mach 5’s blown EVA outsole for additional durability and traction.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners looking for light responsive running shoes for everyday training or uptempo workouts.
- Runners who want shoes with the technologies of supershoes for race day, but in a more affordable package.
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
- Pebax Plate – delivers a more aggressive toe-off with some natural flex
- PEBA foam – light and responsive foam performs well at faster paces
- ProFlyX™ – midsole geometry that sandwiches a Pebax plate between PEBA and EVA foams
- Recycled creel jacquard upper – breathable lightweight mesh upper
- Gusseted tongue – hugs the arch for a secure fit
- Durabrasion rubber – guarantees durability and grip at all paces
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size
- HEEL: Locked in (padded heel and stiff heel collar lock in the heel)
- MIDFOOT: Moderate (gusseted tongue ensures a secure fit)
- FOREFOOT: Roomy (most runners should have plenty of wiggle room)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: Hoka Mach X offers a moderate level of soft, yet responsive, cushioning. For an even softer ride, we recommend the Hoka Bondi X.
- PRONATION: Hoka Mach X doesn’t contain any features designed to counteract overpronation. For a more supportive and stable shoe, we recommend the Hoka Arahi 6.
- SPEED: Hoka Mach X is designed as an everyday trainer that can pick up the pace. For an even faster shoe for racing, we recommend the Hoka Rocket X2.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to Hoka Mach X are the Saucony Endorphin Speed 3, Adidas Adizero Boston 12, and ASICS Magic Speed 3
Weight: Women’s 8.0 oz. | Men’s 9.4 oz.
- Offset: Women’s 5mm | Men’s 5mm