Hoka Clifton 9 continues the tradition of super soft and light running shoes that Hoka is known for. Hoka Clifton 9 is one of our most popular shoes for good reason. They are super comfortable and a joy to run in mile after mile. The puffy light cushion absorbs shock no matter how you land on them and the early stage Meta-Rocker rolls your feet from one step to the next, mile after mile.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
When the Clifton first appeared, it was truly shocking how soft a shoe so light could be. Over time to the current Hoka Clifton 9, these shoes have improved in almost every way. They have gotten a more stable, the ride has gotten smoother, and they fit better, but the spirit of the game changing soft and light revelation of the original is the same. If running on a light pillowy cloud of foam is your goal, we suggest you try these out.
The Hoka Clifton 9 is similar to the Clifton 8 we knew and loved, with a few subtle
improvements. The heel has been extended for additional ground contact which creates a smoother ride when you land on your heels, but thanks to a lighter foam, this doesn’t add much weight. Also the rubber in the outsole is more flexible to accentuate the smooth ride.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners of all abilities running an easy to medium pace
- Walkers of all abilities
- People who stand all day or walk a lot in their workday
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
- Compression Molded EVA – Soft, smooth, light foam.
- Early Stage Meta-Rocker – Rolls your foot through each step.
- Extended Achilles Pull Tab – Supports your achilles tendon while making the shoes easier to get into.
- Extended Heel Crash Pad – Smooth landing and more stable base.
- High-Abrasion Rubber – High durability, redesigned for more flexibility.
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size (For help with the perfect fit, schedule a fitting)
- HEEL: Locked in (Cushioned heel and tongue locks foot into plush comfort)
- MIDFOOT: Moderate (Standard size accommodates most feet, also comes in wide)
- FOREFOOT: Moderate (Most customers will have some wiggle room)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: Hoka Clifton 9 is has a high level of soft cushion. If you are looking for even more cushion we suggest Hoka Bondi 8.
- PRONATION: Hoka Clifton 8 is not recommended for pronation control. For extra support to help counteract pronation we suggest Hoka Arahi 6.
- SPEED: Hoka Clifton 9 is a touch too soft to really go fast. For workouts we suggest Hoka Mach 5 and to really go fast we suggest Hoka Carbon X 3.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to Hoka Clifton 8 are Brooks Ghost 14, New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 v12, or ASICS GEL-CUMULUS 24
Weight: Women’s 8 oz.| Men’s 8.9 oz.
Offset: Women’s 5mm | Men’s 5mm