The Altra Olympus 5 trail running shoes are ready to absorb anything on the trail and take you any distance. Now in it’s fifth version, the Olympus 5 continues to set the standard for highly cushioned zero-drop trail running shoes. These shoes are help you get into nature by promoting a natural foot strike and foot movement thanks to Altra’s Balanced Cushioning and FootShape design.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
The Altra Olympus 5 combines two concepts that once seemed opposed to each other, natural foot movement and lots of cushion. Your heel and forefoot will be at the same level with zero drop from the back of the shoe to the front which encourages better form and alignment, and the shoes are shaped for room for your toes to find their natural placement and movement. So even with cushion to absorb pounding and wild trails and traction for all conditions, you feet still move as nature intended.
The Altra Olympus 5 is the most stable Olympus yet with higher sidewalls extending from the midsole. The upper has also been improved for better fit and comfort, particularly in the heel collar. These small but important changes make these unique shoes better than ever. You’re sure love them on your next trail run.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Trail runners anticipating long adventures on their feet
- Trail runners looking for extra cushioning to reduce foot pain
- Hikers of all abilities
MATERIALS AND DESIGN:
- Balanced Cushioning – Cushioning with zero drop from heel to toe to promote natural stride which reduces impact
- Original FootShape Fit – Shape of the shoe adds comfort by giving your feet room to move
- Inner Flex– Grooves throughout the midsole and outsole that increase flexibility for more foot movement
- Vibram Megagrip – Highest performance sticky rubber in the market
- TrailClaw lugs – Strategically placed grip under your toes for more traction
- NEW Improved upper – Engineered mesh is breathable and comfortable with a new extended heel collar for improved fit and comfort
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: true to size (For help with the perfect fit, schedule a fitting)
- HEEL: Locked in (Extended heel collar keeps your foot in place)
- MIDFOOT: Moderate to Wide (Standard size accommodates most feet, some with narrow feet might find the midfoot a bit too wide)
- FOREFOOT: Wide (Plenty of room for your toes to roam)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: Altra Olympus 5 has plenty of cushion. If you don’t need as much, we suggest Altra Lone Peak 5.
- PRONATION: Altra Olympus 5 provides decent stability with extended side walls.
- SPEED: Altra Olympus 5 is more of a tank than a racer.
- GRIP: Altra Olympus 5 has grip to take on just about anything on the trail. For a road equivalent we suggest Altra Paradigm 6.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to Altra Olympus 5 is the New Balance Fresh Foam More Trail v2.
Weight: Women’s 10.3 oz.| Men’s 12.3 oz.
Offset: Women’s 0mm | Men’s 0mm