As the name suggests, the Saucony Guide 16 has just the right mix of support and cushioning to guide you through your stride. As a stability running shoe, the Guide 16 features a carved-out footbed and cradles your foot for a more supportive feel. It’s a great option for long runs and up-tempo workouts alike with lightweight and responsive cushioning coupled with enough stability to support your stride when fatigue sets in. If you’re looking for a cushioned everyday trainer with a little bit of bounce, the Guide 16 is the running shoe for you.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
The Guide 16 proves that a shoe doesn’t have to be bulky to deliver stable cushioning. The latest iteration of Saucony’s mid-cushioned stability shoe takes what worked in the Guide 15 – lightweight, responsive ride, HOLLOW-TECH support system – and upgrades it with a softer and better-fitting upper. You can trust these shoes to guide your foot through every stride.
After the Guide 15 brought a significant overhaul to the model, the Guide 16 represents a more minor update. The redesigned mesh upper provides a softer, more customizable fit. A new pull tab on the heel makes it easy to slide into these shoes and hit the road.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners of all abilities running an easy pace or longer runs
- Walkers of all abilities
- Athletes who mix running and other fitness into their daily routines
- Runners and walkers who overpronate
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
- PWRRUN – Saucony’s EVA foam provides a soft and stable ride.
- PWRRUN+ – The insole is made from Saucony’s PWRRUN+ foam for extra bounce.
- HOLLOW-TECH – TPU support offers stability with every stride.
- High-abrasion outsole– rubber outsole increases durability.
- Engineered mesh upper – updated for a more customizable fit.
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size
- HEEL: Locked in (narrower heel counter keeps your heel in place)
- MIDFOOT: Moderate (Standard size accommodates most feet)
- FOREFOOT: Moderate (Most customers will have some wiggle room)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: The Saucony Guide 16 is a medium-cushioned shoe. If you’re looking for more cushioning, we suggest the Saucony Tempus.
- PRONATION: The Saucony Guide 16 offers moderate support for overpronation. If you don’t need a shoe for overpronation, we suggest the Saucony Ride 15.
- SPEED: The Saucony Guide 16 is relatively light weight and has enough firmness for some speed work. If you’re looking to dial up the speed even more, we suggest the Saucony Endorphin Speed 3, Endorphin Pro 3, or Endorphin Elite.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to the Saucony Guide 16 are Asics GT-2000 11, New Balance 860v13, or Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22.
Weight: Women’s 7.8 oz. | Men’s 8.8 oz.
Offset: Women’s 8mm | Men’s 8mm