The ASICS GEL-Kayano 30 is a great shoe for runners and walkers looking for maximum cushion and stability. The GEL-Kayano 30 is completely redesigned with a full-length plush FF Blast+ midsole and a 4D Guidance System for stability that adapts to every runner’s needs. This is a shoe that offers plenty of stability for overpronation while gently rolling and guiding you from one step to the next with a soft and bouncy ride.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
For 30 years, the ASICS GEL-Kayano has been a favorite of runners looking for a highly cushioned stability running shoe. Like previous versions, the GEL-Kayano 30 offers maximum stability without sacrificing any of the plushness runners want out of a shoe for long runs or recovery days. Whether you’re a new runner or training for a marathon, the GEL-Kayano 30 is a great option to protect your legs from the impact of running.
The ASICS GEL-Kayano 30 represents a significant redesign from previous versions of the GEL-Kayano. Similar to what ASICS did with the Nimbus 25 a few months prior, the Kayano 30 features a full-length FF Blast+ midsole with PureGEL technology in the heel for a soft and plush ride with a touch of bounce at toe off.
The GEL-Kayano 30 achieves stability with an all-new 4D Guidance System, which provides more adaptive stability. A wider base creates an inherently more stable platform, while a beveled heel encourages a more controlled landing. A sculpted midsole discourages overpronation. Lastly, a bouncy medial foam replaces the firm medial post of years past to guide the foot back into a neutral position.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners of all abilities running slower paces and looking for additional stability
Walkers of all abilities
- People who are on their feet all day for work
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
- 4D Guidance System™ – supports runners who overpronate by bringing the foot to a neutral position quickly
- Engineered stretch knit – breathable upper provides a plush step-in feel
FFBlast+™ Eco – soft and bouncy midsole foam made from 20% bio-based content
PureGEL™ technology – gel in the heel for softer landings
- AHARPLUS™ – high-abrasion outsole rubber for added durability
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size
HEEL: Locked in (padded tongue and stiff heel counter keep your foot in place)
MIDFOOT: Moderate (standard size fits most feet. Also available in wide widths)
- FOREFOOT: Moderate (stretchy upper gives most runners plenty of wiggle room)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
CUSHION: The ASICS GEL-Kayano 30 has a high level of soft cushion. For a less plush and cushioned ride, we recommend the ASICS GT-2000 11
PRONATION: The ASICS GEL-Kayano 30 helps with overpronation through a 4D Guidance System™. For a more neutral ride, we recommend the ASICS GEL-Nimbus 25
SPEED: The ASICS GEL-Kayano 30 is too soft and plush to really go fast. For workouts and tempo runs, we recommend the ASICS Novablast 3 or the ASICS Metaspeed Sky+
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to the ASICS GEL-Kayano 30 include the Hoka Gaviota 4, the New Balance Fresh Foam X Vongo v5, and the Saucony Tempus
Weight: Women’s 9.2 oz.| Men’s 10.6 oz.
- Offset: Women’s 10 mm | Men’s 10 mm