Altra VIA Olympus is the most cushioned road running shoe that Altra makes. Descending from Altra’s popular Olympus trail shoes, the VIA Olympus uses Altra’s trademarked original Footshape so your toes will have lots of room to wiggle and find their natural spread. The VIA Olympus also features Altra’s rather unique zero drop design that promotes a natural foot strike for your stride.
Why Pacers Carries These Shoes
Altra has some of the most faithful customers thanks to their unique shoe designs and concepts. The VIA Olympus combines the comfort of maximum cushion with Altra’s signature wide toe box and zero drop geometry to promote foot health and a natural foot strike. The Altra Olympus line of trail shoes has a faithful following and bringing that success to the roads is very welcome.
Altra VIA Olympus brings a tried-and-true max cushion experience to the roads for the first time. The Altra VIA Olympus replaces the Altra Provision line, but until the VIA Olympus launched, the most cushioned shoes in the Altra road lineup was the Altra Paradigm, which are also Altra’s most stable shoes. Adding the VIA Olympus to Altra’s lineup makes a clear distinction between max cushion and stability for Altra customers.
The VIA Olympus uses Altra’s Ego Max foam which delivers a nice balance between cushion, responsiveness, and durability and has a rocker shape to help your feet roll from one stride to the next. The result is an authentic Altra experience with cushion to protect your feet and keep you going.
Who These Shoes Are For
Runners of all abilities who are running at an easy pace and who want extra room in the forefoot and a shape that promotes a natural foot strike
- People who stand all day or walk a lot in their workday
What's In These Shoes
Ego Max Foam – Lightweight foam with a great blend of softness and responsiveness
Rocker shape – Roll from stride to stride without big cushion slowing you down
Original FootShape – Highly accommodating forefoot that allows toes to move naturally throughout the gait cycle
- Balanced cushioning – also known as zero-drop, intended to improve alignment and running form
How They Fit
- SIZE: True to size
HEEL: Locked in (Lots of cushion keeps your heel in place)
MIDFOOT: Moderate-Wide (Standard size accommodates most feet, some narrow feet may need extra tight lacing)
- FOREFOOT: Wide (Lots of room for toes to move)
How They Compare To Other Shoes
- CUSHION: Altra VIA Olympus are Altra’s most cushioned road shoes. For less cushioning try the Altra Torin.
- PRONATION: Altra VIA Olympus is stable enough for mild pronators. For extra support to help counteract pronation we suggest the Altra Paradigm.
- SPEED: Altra VIA Olympus is not for race day. For workouts or race day we suggest the Altra Vanish Carbon or the Vanish Tempo.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to Altra VIA Olympus are Hoka Bondi, New Balance Fresh Foam X More, or Brooks Glycerin.
Weight: Women’s 8.9 oz.| Men’s 11 oz.
Offset: Women’s 0mm | Men’s 0mm