The Altra Torin 6 makes the principles of barefoot running available to runners of all stripes. These soft cushioned shoes will protect your legs from the impacts of running on hard surfaces while allowing your foot to move naturally. The Torin’s roomy toe box allows your toes to spread and sit naturally. The Torin 6 comes with a more locked-in fit compared to previous models with a molded heel collar and a soft, lightweight tongue. They’ll allow you to run naturally for miles.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
The Altra Torin strikes a balance between barefoot running and the reality that most runners log most of their miles on concrete. The Torin’s FootShape and balanced cushioning allow the foot to move naturally while the soft EGO MAX cushioning protects your legs from the pavement most runners pound every day. With its soft, balanced cushioning the Torin is a great shoe for runners who naturally land on their forefoot or those interested in adopting a more natural foot strike.
Underneath the foot, the Altra Torin 6 keeps everything that worked in the Torin 5 with a soft and light ride from Altra’s EGO MAX foam. The big change with the Torin 6 is the fit. The tongue is softer and less abrasive – if you wore the Torin 5, you know what we’re talking about – and a new molded heel collar for a more secure fit.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners of all abilities running an easy pace or longer runs
- Runners looking for a zero-drop shoe to add to their rotation
- Athletes who mix running into their fitness routines
- People who stand or walk a lot in their workday
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
Altra EGO MAX – light and soft foam that also returns a bit of energy for faster running.
FootShape – provides plenty of room for toe splay and offers men’s and women’s-specific fits.
Balanced cushioning – positions heel and forefoot equal distance from the ground for a more natural feel.
- Footpod Technology – outsole that flexes with natural movement of the foot.
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size
HEEL: Locked in (molded heel collar provides a secure fit)
MIDFOOT: Moderate (fit should accommodate most customers)
- FOREFOOT: Wide (most customers will have plenty of wiggle room)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: The Altra Torin 6 has a high level of pillowy soft cushioning. For a less cushioned running shoe, we recommend the Altra Escalante 3, and for an even more cushioned experience, we recommend the Altra Via Olympus.
- PRONATION: The Altra Torin 6 is not recommended for pronation control. For a stability shoe for overpronators we recommend the Altra Paradigm 6.
- SPEED: The Altra Torin 6 is too soft for most faster runs. For workouts and races, we recommend the Altra Vanish Carbon.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from over brands similar to the Altra Torin 6 are the Hoka Clifton 9, Brooks Ghost 15, and New Balance Fresh Foam X 1080 v12.
- Weight: Women’s 8.0 oz | Men’s 9.9 oz
- Offset: Women’s 0 mm | Men’s 0 mm