The Saucony Ride 16 is a shoe built to do it all. The latest update to Saucony’s mid-cushioned neutral running shoe continues the tradition of a lightweight and responsive everyday trainer equally at home on a long run as it is on a tempo run. A PWRRUN+ sockliner adds a bit of bounce to an otherwise firm shoe, and an XT-900 rubber outsole offers superior durability and traction. These are running shoes you can reliably lace up day after day, no matter what your run has in store.
@EATPRAYRUNDC GIVES HER THOUGHTS ON THE RIDE 16:
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
The Saucony Ride has long been a favorite of runners looking for a mid-cushioned everyday shoe that is lightweight and firm enough to occasionally pick up the pace. This running shoe is the perfect workhorse running shoe, offering enough cushioning for however many miles you want to throw at it without feeling like it’s holding you back.
Not much! If you liked the Ride 15, you won’t be disappointed with this update. Higher side walls allow your foot to sit in the midsole of the shoe for added stability. The engineered mesh upper has been tweaked for a more locked-in fit around the midfoot and increased durability. Like the Ride 15, the Saucony Ride 16 is a running shoe you can ride with for all your miles.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners of all abilities running an easy pace or longer runs
- Walkers of all abilities
- People who stand or walk a lot during their workday
- Athletes who mix running and other fitness into their daily routines
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
PWRRUN midsole: firmer foam is great for faster speeds
PWRRUN+ sockliner: for extra step-in comfort and energy return
XT-900 outsole: for improved durability and traction
Gilley lacing system: for a locked-in fit around the midfoot
- This vegan running shoe also contains recycled materials
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size
- HEEL: Locked in (padding around the heel offers a soft, secure fit)
- MIDFOOT: Moderate (gusseted tongue and gilley system provide a secure and customizable fit)
- FOREFOOT: Moderate (most runners will have some wiggle room)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
CUSHION: The Saucony Ride 16 has a moderate level of firm, responsive cushioning. If you’re looking for a more cushioned ride, we suggest the Saucony Triumph 20.
PRONATION: The Saucony Ride 16 is a neutral shoe and not recommended for overpronators. If you’re looking for more support for overpronation, we suggest the Saucony Guide 16.
SPEED: The Saucony Ride 16 has enough responsiveness to pick up the pace for tempo runs. If you’re looking for even more speed, we recommend the Saucony Endorphin Speed 3 for workouts or the Saucony Endorphin Elite for racing.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to the Saucony Ride 16 are the Brooks Ghost 15, Mizuno Wave Rider 26, and On Cloudgo.
Weight: Women’s 7.8 oz.| Men’s 8.8 oz.
Offset: Women’s 8mm | Men’s 8mm