If you’re looking for a fast, lightweight running shoe, look no further than the Saucony Kinvara 14. The latest update to the Kinvara is the lightest version of the shoe yet while still adding even more cushioning than previous models. This is a fast shoe with a lightweight upper and responsive foam. The Kinvara 14 is the running shoe you grab when you’re looking to have a bit of fun and pick up the pace.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
The Saucony Kinvara 14 ably fills an increasingly niche category in running shoes – the lightweight everyday trainer. In an age in which nearly every brand is packing more foam underneath your foot, the Kinvara continues to offer a lower-stack, flexible running shoe with a bit of ground feel that runners have loved for over a decade. These characteristics also make the Kinvara 14 a great option for cross training and HIIT classes.
The Saucony Kinvara 14 is the lightest Kinvara yet. The most noticeable update to this lightweight running shoe is a new engineered mesh upper with wide openings for extra breathability and lighter weight. The Kinvara 14 also adds 3mm of cushioning in the midsole compared to the Kinvara 13 and a PWRRUN+ sockliner for an even bouncier and more cushioned run. A new mid-rocker shape under the foot and sidewalls around the foot give the Kinvara 14 a fast and stable feel.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Competitive runners looking for a lightweight and fast everyday trainer
- Athletes who mix running and other fitness into their daily routines
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
PWRRUN midsole: an extra 3mm of stack height adds more cushioning
PWRRUN+ sockliner: provides step-in comfort for a softer landing
Mid-rocker shape: for faster transitions and toe-off
Articulated sidewalls: surround the foot for a more stable ride
Lightweight mesh upper: retooled upper adds comfort and breathability
- Outsole rubber: placed strategically to increase durability at high impact areas without adding weight
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size
- HEEL: Locked in (padded ankle collar secures the heel for a light, smooth ride)
- MIDFOOT: Snug (gusseted tongue provides a narrower fit around the arch)
- FOREFOOT: Moderate (most runners will have some wiggle room)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: The Saucony Kinvara 14 is a lightweight, flexible shoe with minimal cushion. If you’re looking for a more cushioned option, we recommend either the Saucony Ride 16 or the Saucony Triumph 20.
- PRONATION: The Saucony Kinvara 14 is a neutral shoe and is not recommended for overpronators. If you’re looking for a shoe that offers more support, we recommend the Saucony Guide 16.
- SPEED: The Saucony Kinvara 14 is a lightweight and fast shoe. If you’re looking for even more speed for race day, we recommend the Saucony Endorphin Pro 3 or the Saucony Endorphin Elite.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to the Saucony Kinvara 14 are the Adidas Boston 11, Hoka Rincon 3, or Altra Escalante 3.
Weight: Women’s 6.2 oz.| Men’s 7.0 oz.
Offset: Women’s 4mm | Men’s 4mm