Men's ASICS GEL-Kayano 29
Men's ASICS GEL-Kayano 29
8 / Black/White / D
3100 Clarendon Boulevard
Arlington VA 22201
ASICS has spent a lifetime in the forefront of making great running shoes, and no other shoes exemplify this like the GEL-KAYANO 29. Combining smooth cushion with stability, this shoe is ready to go the distance. And with more bounce than ever, ASICS GEL-KAYANO 29 keeps up with the competition as well.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THIS SHOE:
ASICS GEL-KAYANO was a revelation when the first model was released in 1983; it set the standard for how comfortable and smooth stability shoes could be. GEL-KAYANO 29 wraps your foot in comfort while helping keeping your feet healthy by limiting overpronation. Whether you’re training for a marathon or putting in marathon days on your feet at work, your feet will love these shoes.
The ASICS GEL-KAYANO 29 is even more responsive and lighter. With new FF BLAST
PLUS cushioning and LITETRUSS stable construction, these shoes add a lively toe off to their namesake GEL comfort. The stretchy and supportive recycled mesh upper brings comfort 360 degrees around the foot. At 9.5oz for women and 10.5oz for men, these are the lightest in the history of the GEL-KAYANO models.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners of all abilities running long and or easy that need some additional stability.
- Walkers of all abilities.
- People who need to be on their feet for long periods of time.
MATERIALS AND DESIGN:
- ASICS GEL cushioning – Cushioning that molds to your feet.
- NEW FF BLAST PLUS foam – Extra bounce from midfoot to toe-off to power into the next stride.
- NEW LITETRUSS Support – Contoured foam unit that provides guidance to your foot reduces overpronation.
- Engineered Stretch-Knit Upper – Plush, supportive, and accommodating comfort.
- NEW Lighter design and materials – GEL-KAYANO has never been known for lightness, but for the cushion and support this shoe has, it does feel light.
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: ½ size short, buy .5 up from your normal size (For help with the perfect fit, schedule a fitting).
- HEEL: Locked in (Thick tongue and heel collar keep your foot in place)
- MIDFOOT: Moderate (Standard size accommodates most feet, also comes in wide).
- FOREFOOT: Moderate-Narrow (Some customers may want more wiggle room, but it’s not too snug).
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: ASICS GEL-KAYANO 29 has ample cushion. If you don’t need as much, we suggest ASICS GT-2000 10.
- PRONATION: GEL-KAYANO 29 provides ample pronation control for most runners. If you don’t need so much support, we suggest GEL-NIMBUS 24.
- SPEED: GEL-KAYANO 29 feels surprisingly good as you pick up the pace, but it’s hardly a racer. For races and workouts, we recommend ASICS NOVABLAST 3.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to ASICS GEL-KAYANO 29 are Brooks Glycerin GTS 20 or Saucony Tempus.
Weight: Women’s 9.5 oz.| Men’s 10.5 oz.
Offset: Women’s 10mm | Men’s 10mm